VMware Cloud Community
Triosoft
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter Converter Standalone, Warning: Unable to locate the required Sysprep files.

Good evenning, during a P2V conversion of a Windows 2003 R2 SP2 I obtain : Warning: Unable to locate the required Sysprep files. Upload them under 'C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone\sysprep\svr2003' on the Converter server machine. See 'Help' for more details. I obtain from Microsoft Site the Sysprep file .exe, I extract it and found into SP2QFE the deploy.cab that I extract into ...\svr2003. I verified that the Sysprep.exe has the version 5.2.3790.3959 (92,0 kb,  17/02/2007 02:45). I obtain the same warning. I rebooted the computer, I tested on another computer, I tested with another Win2k3 source server I have to convert and I obtain ever the same error (warning...). Please can you help me ? I need to convert other 3 servers Win2k3 and I need to convert, I can't reinstall them 😞 Many thanks in advance. Gionata

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Triosoft
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, resolved ! The problem was an error of directory, because I saved required fiiles into Program Files and not Program Data.

It's happened because the Program Data is normally not shown and the file structure under Program Files is the same.