VMware Cloud Community
vOcation
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter Converter Standalone 6.2 - Unsupported

Hi,

I was looking at VMware's product lifecyle policy and it shows that vCenter Converter Standalone 6.2 is no longer supported. Support ended 14th Dec 2019,  however I can't find a newer version or anything in the last release notes to state that it's going to be deprecated.

Does anyone in this forum know if it's been deprecated?

I've tried to log a product query, but the VMware support page just directs me to the community instead.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@vOcation 

6.2 is the latest (and therefore probably last) version.

Do you have a particular issue or question? If so, post it here...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
vOcation
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I'm currently reviewing the support status of all of the VMware products my company supports for our customers and updating our documentation with the latest supported version. But for vCenter Converter Standalone, current/latest version is showing as unsupported and I can't find any information from VMware that it's going to be deprecated or if there will be a replacement product.

Regards

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@vOcation 

I don't know for certain, but given the lack of replacement when it's already out of support I don't expect to see a newer version or a different product with equivalent functionality.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos