VMware Cloud Community
distsys
Contributor
Contributor

unable to select physical machine

I had used Remote desktop to login to the physical machine I'm attempting to clone so I could activate my password and now when I select this machine to login and import it via Converter it I get the following error message: "multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again."

I have logged out of the server but am not sure how I can check to see if I'm still connected some how. I don't have any mapped drives to this server. Can someone tell me what the command is to check and disconnect connections via command prompt or some other way?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

http://www.vmware.com/support/converter/doc/releasenotes_conv3.html

1. Open a command window

2. Type in net use
\ADMIN$ /delete

3. Type in net use
\IPC$ /delete

4. Retry with the new credentials

distsys
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks very much, I didn't need to use your suggestion but it got me thinking and I realized that from the server I am running Converter I had browsed to another server with the same user ID that I was using to connect to the server in question being converted. Once I logged off and back onto the server running Converter I was able to get past this error. Thanks also for the link to the documentation!

0 Kudos