VMware Cloud Community
JoyYu
Contributor
Contributor

schedule a task in vcenter converter standalone

Hi,

Anyone know how to schedule a monthly running task to convert a physical server to a VM?  My vCenter Converter Standalone version is: 5.0.0 Build 470252.  I have manually run the convert successfully.  I have searched on the web and no luck.

Thanks for your time!

Joy

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ivivanov
Expert
Expert

There is no option for "recurring schedule" in Converter 5.0. You can schedule only one incremental conversion ahead in time. When it completes, you can schedule another one. If you want recurring schedule (e. g. monthly tasks) you need to use Converter SDK for running the conversion and do the recurring schedule by other means - e. g. Scheduled Tasks in Windows.

VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Don´t have this option of Schedule to Start converter , standalone or installed in vcenter, both don´t support it.

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
ivivanov
Expert
Expert

Integrated version of Converter supports recurring scheduling.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello, Integrated version of Converter supports recurring scheduling - ? way is the "Integrated version of Converter" i 5.0? Thanks.

0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Converter 5.0 is only standalone! You can try Converter SDK too http://communities.vmware.com/community/vmtn/developer/forums/convertersdk

0 Kudos