VMware Cloud Community
MSandifer
Contributor
Contributor

p2v SLES 10 OES2 NSS volumes

I'm trying to P2V a NOVELL sles 10 oes2 server to esxi 4 host.  The coverter will not list the NSS volumes as source volumes, It does list the linux volumes.  Has anyone had any success p2v'n NSS volumes on a sles 10 oes2 server?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ivivanov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Unfortunately Converter is looking only for locally attached IDE and SCSI disks. I think if the OS is installed on a Linux volume, you can convert it and after the target boots successfuly, you can manually transfer the NSS volumes. Does it make sense?

Contributor

Yeah, I have found a thread in a Novell forum describing the process as more of a server to server migration than a clone.  I'm try to get more info about a tool called miggui which would handle nss volume migration.  I'm still trying more information from those who have done this before.  It looks like it could be a little tricky.  Thanks for your help and quick reply.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
Jacky75bis
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem. I'm trying to p2v an OES2 server, but the vmware converter don't let me import the NSS volumes.

Have you found something about it?

The only way I see to do this at the moment, is to migrate the phisycal server to a newly installed virtual one.

0 Kudos