VMware Cloud Community
Terry73
Contributor
Contributor

onverter is unable to find the system volume and reconfiguration is not possible. KB1037507 did not

I have an issue with a failure when trying to convert a physical machine.  It is HP Z220 workstation running Windows 7 pro 64 bit on a SSD. The error is that BCD conversion failed, reconfiguration is not possible.  I tried to follow the steps in KB1037507.  I tried both the windows repair disk and the original factory system disks to restore this.  The repair feature does not recognize the operating system and wants to load drivers but I am unable to find the drivers that it wants.  I can get to the repair app but it does not fix the problem.  I can also launch command prompt but it does not recognize the bcdedit command.

Am I missing something?  Can anyone point me in the right direction to resolve this issue?

I have several of these machines and would like to have them virtualized before I have a hardware failure and am unable to recover due to some specialized apps running on Windows 7 that will not run on newer OS's.

Terry

0 Kudos
0 Replies