VMware Cloud Community
emlee
Contributor
Contributor

hot cloning w2k sp4 physical machine to VM stuck at 5%

Did anyone experience the same problem ? hot cloning w2k sp4 physical machine to VM stuck at 5%. When trying cancelling the job, it hang too

0 Kudos
6 Replies
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal

Please post your log file located in %windir%\temp\vmware-temp

0 Kudos
emlee
Contributor
Contributor

The job finally got cancelled. Below is the log. it seemed the system couldn't find the network path. I uninstalle the agent from target server, and tried again with hot cloning, still no luck and stuck at 5% again.

I will try cold cloning ..

\[2007-02-22 17:13:01.195 'ClientConnection' 188 info] Connecting to
server\pipe\vmware-ufad-p2v30-vmdb, use SSL: true

\[2007-02-22 17:13:02.289 'ClientConnection' 188 warning] Failed to connect to
targetserver\pipe\vmware-ufad-p2v30-vmdb. Reason: Windows cannot find the network path. Verify that the network path is correct and the destination computer is not busy or turned off. If Windows still cannot find the network path, contact your network administrator. . Error code: 51.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Make sure you can actually map a network share from your machine. It's possible your services are either disabled or your ports (139,445) are blocked.

0 Kudos
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal

Make sure you have Netbios enabled on the server you are converting. Are you using the DNS names of the servers. What is your destination system?

0 Kudos
emlee
Contributor
Contributor

target machine can see network share without any problem, and netbios was enabled on target machine as well. I tried both DNS name and IP address of target machine with no difference. Destination system is ESX 3.01 VM. The converter can see the volumes of target machine. In VC, the VM for the target machine was also created. However, for some reason, in vmware converter, I couldn't use VC account to access VC server, but accessing ESX host was fine.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Could be port 902 is blocked between your machine and VC Server.

0 Kudos