VMware Cloud Community
pinlim888
Contributor
Contributor

esxi server creates and deletes the VM after the standalone converter starts the conversion

When I started the Standalone converter to convert the local Windows 7 laptop, the converter would go through the process, then failed at last step, I was able to see from the vSphere server site that after the VM is created, it started to delete it right away, how can I find the problem?

I have attached the vcenter server screen capture here

0 Kudos
8 Replies
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The problem could be found in log bundle, could you attach it?

0 Kudos
pinlim888
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I attached the logs here..

0 Kudos
Stan_Noel
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I, too, am experiencing the same issue.  The firewalls are all open between the vlans containing the source, converter, and ESX hosts.  I still get an error stating that the communications between the source and target disk is not available.  I have port 9089 opened to the source for the agent install, port 902 for the connection between the source and target, and everything in between open.

I see the same error being thrown each time and when I searched on it, I found this article.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Stan

0 Kudos
patanassov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Unfortunately neither of the attachments contains a worker log. Pls export the the log from the tasks view.

0 Kudos
Stan_Noel
Contributor
Contributor

Attached.

0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Your problem is that phisycal machine can not access the ESX at port 902:

2014-01-11T21:33:00.451-05:00 [07796 warning 'Default'] [,0] [NFC ERROR] NfcNewAuthdConnectionEx: Failed to connect to peer. Error: Host address lookup for server cbt-vms3.aicpainc.org failed: No such host is known

Ensure you can open port 902 for cbt-vms3.aicpainc.org from phisycal machine and try again.

HTH

0 Kudos
Stan_Noel
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks again for your assistance. It wasn’t the port that was the challenge; it was the FQDN it was trying to resolve. Although I use only IP addresses throughout the converter wizard, the source was attempting to connect via the server name. I added a host entry to the server’s host file, restarted the converter wizard and it’s running now.

Stan

0 Kudos
pinlim888
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, Thanks for all the help, that was the problem, adding host name resolved the issues.

0 Kudos