VMware Cloud Community
kayandray
Contributor
Contributor

down load Vmware vCenter Converter Standalone

Hi! 

I would like to download Vmware vCenter Converter Standalone from the homepage of vmware.

I can not find the button.

I found the button of Vmware vCenter Converter Standalone in the finished sales page.

But I could not download Vmware vCenter Converter Standalone.

What should I do?

Would you like to tell me the solution ?

I want to use Vmware vCenter Converter Standalone for creation of virtual machine as my old PC to in the same PC at first. 

Best regards,

Kayandray 

Labels (1)
  • e

0 Kudos
54 Replies
MichaelDeee
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

@depping wrote:

Just had a reply, there's no plan to re-upload the EOL'ed product at this point to the VMware website.

Might want to let the Workstation dev's know this... When you click on the menu "Virtualize a Physical Machine" in the very latest Workstation, 16.2.2, a message box pops up with a link to the Converter download page... which no longer exists!  Hence why we've come here to post it.   

Personally, I've had it downloaded for a while now, so it doesn't directly impact me - however, it makes the company look really foolish to have a link directing users *in their very latest version of their primary desktop product* to something which doesn't exist.

depping
Leadership
Leadership

thanks, will drop the product manager a note!

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

@depping wrote:

thanks, will drop the product manager a note!

AFAICT @Mikero can post here, so maybe best to invite him. So he can direct us how we should handle these questions in the future? It's not just the latest workstation version, it basically takes away an important feature and questions about this will come. I'd prefer it if we as moderators have the same answer for everyone.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
Vladibo
Contributor
Contributor

😂😂😂 it's very funny

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

For now you can point them to this article, as the download doesn't appear to be coming back:

https://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/2022/02/vcenter-converter-unavailable-for-download.html?utm_source=...

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Thanks Duncan.
LOL, I thought I replied in the moderator area where we also have this topic 🙂

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Are you a real VMWare Employee?

That Customer Connect page your link goes to (https://customerconnect.vmware.com/downloads/details?downloadGroup=CONV62&productId=701) doesn't have a download for VMWare vCenter Converter on it!

In a previous discussion you linked to this place:

https://communities.vmware.com/t5/Converter-Standalone-Discussions/down-load-Vmware-vCenter-Converte...

Witch goes to a link that expires on the 9th of feb, and that link does goto a download, but now I'm concerned about what that download may actually have in it!

What is all this cloak and dagger stuff? I thought this was a legit corporate community forum.

0 Kudos
ted_tw
Contributor
Contributor

I am very Sorry,

I miss it,

Would you please provide us link again ?

0 Kudos
Ajay1988
Expert
Expert

https://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/2022/02/vcenter-converter-unavailable-for-download.html

If you think your queries have been answered
Mark this response as "Correct" or "Helpful".

Regards,
AJ
0 Kudos
V1RTAUL_F0X
Contributor
Contributor

Hey can you put a new link I barely missed it

thx

0 Kudos
SchaalPatrick
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Tags (2)
wila
Immortal
Immortal

@SchaalPatrick thanks.
I don't work for VMware, but can confirm that the binary linked -which I just downloaded to verify- is exactly the same as a copy I downloaded from the VMware site in March 2021.

edit: clarified that I compared against an original file.

--
Wil

0 Kudos
TArguien
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!  I find myself in the same boat as others needing to download a copy of vCenter Converter.  Could I ask you to please share a new download link?

Thank you!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@TArguien 

Who are you asking? See the comment 2 above yours from @SchaalPatrick 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
wila
Immortal
Immortal

@TArguien wrote:

Hello!  I find myself in the same boat as others needing to download a copy of vCenter Converter.  Could I ask you to please share a new download link?

Thank you!

😐 look two posts up?

If you want an official link from VMware? Not going to happen as has been explained above in the blog post due to security issues.

jscooper22
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If they took down the converter what do they suggest people use instead? I've been going around the site and my vCenter app in circles all morning trying to find a way to convert a hyper-v vm. I only have (so far) one vmware esxi host and can probably manage it directly. I only installed vsphere because I thought conversion was somehow included. I have esxi installed and working, I Just need to find tools to migrate a hyper-v vm to it.

Thanks,

Jeff

continuum
Immortal
Immortal

> If they took down the converter what do they suggest people use instead?

Apparently the question is rather : what would VMware have to do to bring it back.
And if management assumes that Converter does not earn money there is no reason to bring it back.
Others may claim that every use of Converter pushes vSphere-sales but I doubt that management even considers this ...

Anyway - every Linux-liveCD can do the transport part of the job ...

Ulli

0 Kudos
jscooper22
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I found an alternative (maybe everyone else knows about it but I'm new to this so it's new to me): StarWind V2V Converter. It was able to move my RDS from 2012r2 on Hyper-V to ESXI where I then ran an in-place update to 2022. 

Thanks,

Jeff

mbufkin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

StarWind Converter is a good option. https://www.starwindsoftware.com/starwind-v2v-converter 

0 Kudos