VMware Cloud Community
mail4visu
Contributor
Contributor

converter-cli.exe generates error "Neither "p2v.dest" or "p2v.postProcessingParams....."

Hi all,

I want to import the vm image to the ESX server out of the p2v.xml file generated by vcb2p2vXml.exe

When I try to execute converter-cli.exe with the genrated p2v.xml file, I am getting the below error Smiley Sad

-

Application error: Neither "p2v.dest" or "p2v.postProcessingParams" was given in task input!

Execution of:

-

vcb2p2vxml.exe:

vcb2p2vxml.exe -h <esx-host-name> - u username -p password -v F:\fullvm\H_Win2k3_MS2.vmx

converter-cli.exe:

converter-cli.exe -s p2v.xml

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Below is a link to a decent troubleshooting write up for the error you received.

Best practices for using and troubleshooting VMware Converter

**If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for

"Correct" or "Helpful"**

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
mail4visu
Contributor
Contributor

I was not able to find any answer in the link provided. Please let me know some other alternative to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

i find more information:

follow: "I too am curious about this. I originally went about trying to generate the p2v file using vcb2p2vXml.exe however I am not sure that is the right method. From what I have pieced together you feed p2vtool.exe some parameters along with an xml file and the end result is that the physical machine gets copied and registered with a VMware host. Is this correct? Is there an easier way to generate the xml file? Apparently me and "Guru" are completely missing the point of this toolset"

i get from: http://communities.vmware.com/thread/184288

**If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for

"Correct" or "Helpful"**

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos