VMware Cloud Community
VMware4DAV
Contributor
Contributor

cannot v2v XenServer 5.6 to ESXi 5

The OVF package is invalid and cannot be deployed.
Line 1: Could not parse the document: "encoding specified in XML declaration is incorrect".

This occurs whether I run the conversion local or remotely. What am I missing? Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi and Welcome to the forums.

Check if this problem is same of your - http://communities.vmware.com/thread/308128

Discussion moved from VMware ESXi 5 to Converter

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
VMware4DAV
Contributor
Contributor

The guest OS is Windows Server 2008 R2.  Trying to import a XenConvert ovf fails with the following error, "A general system error occurred: Invalid fault"

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Did you already try using converter standalone ?

https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/info/slug/infrastructure_operations_management/vmware_vcenter_conve....

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
VMware4DAV
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried the stand alone version 4.3. When I try to download 5.0 the web page redirects to download 4.?

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

ops, to me works fine.

after login > License & Download > Binaries + > you´ve follow information

VMware vCenter Converter Standalone 5.0

2011-08-31 | 5.0 | 126 MB | Binary (.exe)

if the problem occur after press to download read this discussion http://communities.vmware.com/message/2026876

0 Kudos
VMware4DAV
Contributor
Contributor

I was able to install the convertor 5.0 with vmware workstation 8. However, this errors out with...

"A general system error occurred: Crypto Exception: error:02001005:system library:fopen:Input/Output error:unable to load

C:\ProgramData\vmware\vmware vCenter Converter Standalone\ssl\rui.crt"

To get past this start VMware Worstation via 'Run as Admin'

Next error...

Unable to complete installation/uninstallation of vCenter Converter agent on...

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

OVF is only compatible between platforms on suny days.

You can still import manually.
Extract the package with 7zip -i ts a tar archive.

Then try to import the vmdks via vmkfstools - if that does not work use vmware-vdiskmanager on a host with VMware Workstation.

Then read the xml-descriptor file and create a vmx-file with appropriate values manually

0 Kudos