Just upgraded a standalone Converter to 4.0.1, and it ran into an error at the step it is trying to do the destination VC inventory. It says, "A general system error occurred: While determining chunk size, truncated HTTP response. "
Here is what I found in the log at the users profile at Local Settings\Application Data\VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone\logs. Does anyone else run into this problem? Thanks
I got the same error:"A general system error occurred: While determining chunk size, truncated HTTP response."
Also the vCentre converter plugin When I try to import/convert a server , it fails with "unable to connect to vcenter converter server."
Any ideas anyone?
Hi, I have the same exact problem as well. However, it used to work for me and just stop working for a week or so. Love to see if anyone has a fix for it.
I found this line in the vmware-converer-server.log after I stop vmware converter 4 from running which matches up with what displayed in the vmware converter GUI:
Below is the full log:
parameter>>> ThirdPartyHostedFilter ( Microsoft Virtual PC (.vmc)</val></ConverterLogicKeyValuePair><ConverterLogicKeyValuePair xsi:type="ConverterLogicKeyValuePair"><key>parallelsVM</key><val xsi:type="xsd:string">Parallels Virtualization Products Image (.pvs)Symantec LiveState Recovery Image (*.sv2i .sv2)</val></ConverterLogicKeyValuePair><ConverterLogicKeyValuePair xsi:type="ConverterLogicKeyValuePair"><key>shadowProtectBackup</key><val xsi:type="xsd:string">StorageCraft ShadowStor Image (.spf)Acronis True Image Backup (.tib)</val></ConverterLogicKeyValuePair><ConverterLogicKeyValuePair xsi:type="ConverterLogicKeyValuePair"><key>vmwareVCBBackup</key><val xsi:type="xsd:string">VMware Consolidated Backup (.vmx)</val></ConverterLogicKeyValuePair></obj> )
Are you using the vCentre Converter or the standalone one?
Have you got any other issues within vCentre like when searching or displaying the Hardware Status?
I am using vmware converter standalone version 4.0.1. Other than my vmware converter log on problem, it seems everything is a OK for me. I also running powershell vCheck scripts everyday which requires me to log on to to the same vCentre without any problem. I also check the ports by telnet to the vCentre and it works fine.
thanks for your reply.
Hi, just to be clearer. what I was trying to do is a V2V process. 1. Start converter, select the source VM which asks me to log on to vCenter. While it displays " loading inventory..." this error then occurs after a short pause.
I have experienced this before. You have a corrupted table that holds the inventory (vms,storage,network,disks...) or parts of it.
Unfortunately to clear this is to go through the inventory, remove a host at a time and add it back into the cluster - no risks on the VMs they'll keep on running normally. This will narrow it down to which inventory entry is causing it. Then hopefully when adding the host it will tell you which VM or Appliance that has an error.
Depends on how many hosts/vms you got but this is likely to clear your converter problem.
It turned out that there was a corrupted VM in my vCenter. once I unregister and register it the problem is fixed.
When I discorvered the VM, I couldn't do anything to it. everytime you try, VC came up with an error message saying that there is a problem with the VM. (sorry, I didn't capture the actual mesage)