VMware Cloud Community
Elvar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Where is my Enterprise Converter?

Hi, one dumb question Smiley Happy

I have a 6 host Virtual Infastructure setup running and I can use the update manager from the plugin section and I can select the converter and install it but when its done its nowhere to be seen. I can go into control panel and there I can see the converter enterprise is installed.

Where is it?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
O_o
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hmm ... Well, there's the "Scheduled Tasks" option --> New Scheduled task --> drop down list --> Import a Machine ... This will start the converter.

Or the Consolidation button, scans your network for underutilized Windows hosts to consolidate.

There's another option, you can download the VMware Converter tool seperately from the VMware website, install it with you enterprise key, you can then install it on another client for example, or create a CD to use as boot media to import a Physical server like that.

Hope this is somewhat helpfull ...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
O_o
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hmm ... Well, there's the "Scheduled Tasks" option --> New Scheduled task --> drop down list --> Import a Machine ... This will start the converter.

Or the Consolidation button, scans your network for underutilized Windows hosts to consolidate.

There's another option, you can download the VMware Converter tool seperately from the VMware website, install it with you enterprise key, you can then install it on another client for example, or create a CD to use as boot media to import a Physical server like that.

Hope this is somewhat helpfull ...

0 Kudos
Elvar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thank you Smiley Happy

exactly what I needed, I had the standard converter installed and I thought the enterprise converter worked the same, thats what confused me

0 Kudos
O_o
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You're most welcome !

0 Kudos
Tillmidnight
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have the same issue.

I choose scheduled task,-new- , I did not find the import option in the drop down menu.

Anyone help me kindly.

Thx

0 Kudos
O_o
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Did you install the plugin first ? You won't see the import option until you install and then enable the converter plugin. You can find the option in the Virtual Center Client menu --> Plugins --> Manage Plugins

If you installed the plugins, you need to go to installed and click "enable" before you'll be able to use it.

Hope this helps !

0 Kudos
Tillmidnight
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks a lot.

Just like you said.

0 Kudos
jliu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I can find "Import a machine" option from Schedule. But as soon as I start the wizard, it is an error "Unable to connect a Converter Enterprise Server", where to specify or configure that?

Where can I get manual Converter 4? I download manual zip in beta section, but no manual for this convertor.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
geob
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Do you have the converter service installed on your Virtual Center server? You probably didn't select the converter when you did the install of your VC.

-geob

0 Kudos