VMware Cloud Community
pgmende
Contributor
Contributor

What to do with "VMware Converter Service" after converting p2v?

Hello!

I'm new in virtualization and i'm working with VMware-Server 1.05.

A few days ago I converted a physical Windows 2000 Server into a VM (using VMware Converter 3.03) - and it works.

I installed the Converter on a Windows XP Client and Converter installed the agent on the source host (Windows 2000).

Now everything works fine, the physical source host is down, only the converted VM is still running.

And on this new VM i have a service called the "VMware Converter Service" (vmware-ufad.exe) automatically running on startup.

Do I still need this service? Or is this just needed during converting p2v?

Regards,

Andy

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jayolsen
Expert
Expert

No you shouldn't need that anymore, you can uninstall the software or stop and disable the service.

ascari
Expert
Expert

hi,

if you want you can remove it with SRVINSTW.EXE (Microsoft tool)

Bye Alberto

0 Kudos
theanykey
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I believe if you simply remove the agent from add/remove programs that this will also remove the service.

0 Kudos
bradley4681
Expert
Expert

I agree that removing from the Add/Removes program panel is the easiest and cleanest way to perform this. Plan on having to reboot.

Cheers,

Bradley Sessions

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

Cheers! If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
theanykey
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Plan on having to reboot.

Correct for windows 2000 and NT4

0 Kudos
bfrank81
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am testing converter with a server in our environment. I used add/remove programs and the service is gone and everything seems to be working fine.

0 Kudos