VMware Cloud Community
mauriziodISalvo
Contributor
Contributor

Vmware Workstation 14

Hi I wanted to know how to solve a problem that occurs during the physical to virtual conversion of a domain controller windows server 2008 std sp2 not R2, which has the fsmo roles. When I try to convert it, it gives me this error: Unable to complete convert agent installation on Ip Error 1,603.

I need this operation as I want to migrate the domain controller windows server 2008 std sp2 to a domain controller windows server 2019 and I wanted to do it in an isolated environment.

Best regards

0 Kudos
4 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Check this link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/application-management/msi-installation...

Also what are you using to convert it? VMware vCenter standalone converter?

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
mauriziodISalvo
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I use converte stand-alone 6.2.0

0 Kudos
mauriziodISalvo
Contributor
Contributor

I nave Seen wich the folder vmware standalone converter is installed on DC 2008, but when I launch P2V from other computer I receive the same error

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

If the earlier tip didn't help, then check the installer log.
The machine on which it tries to install should have logs.
Sorry, I'm not really an expert for P2V issues. The logs are probably in your %TEMP% path.

Moderator note:
I have moved your discussion from the Workstation discussions to the vCenter Converter Standalone discussions as you will probably have better success here.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos