VMware Cloud Community
sergef1973
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Virtual Machine not starting

I am trying to convert one of my stand alone servers running on Windows Server 2003 to the vrtual environment. I install Stand alone converte from vmware website and run the conversion. It did gave me warning that its "unable to locate required Sysprep files" which I ignored.

According to the task progress inside the converter, conversion has been completed successfully.. I am attaching log file.

Now here where the problem begins: I can't start up this machine on the virtual server. When I click on power on, the only thing that I see on the console scree is blinking cursor.

Any ideas on why this is happenening?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

There is no log file attached here.

Please ensure that the virtual machine is using an LSI logic driver. There are a number of forum posts about conversions working, and then the virtual machine boots to a blinking cursor.

Check this out:

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/224461?tstart=0

Regards,

EvilOne

VMware vExpert 2009

5441_5441.jpg

NOTE: If your problem or questions has been resolved, please mark this thread as answered and award points accordingly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

There is no log file attached here.

Please ensure that the virtual machine is using an LSI logic driver. There are a number of forum posts about conversions working, and then the virtual machine boots to a blinking cursor.

Check this out:

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/224461?tstart=0

Regards,

EvilOne

VMware vExpert 2009

5441_5441.jpg

NOTE: If your problem or questions has been resolved, please mark this thread as answered and award points accordingly.

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

boot into BartPE and check if the disk / partition is set to active.

VMX-parameters- VMware-liveCD - VM-Sickbay

0 Kudos
sergef1973
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Setting Controller for LSI did work. Will try it with other servers I am trying to convert.

0 Kudos