VMware Cloud Community
garthnorton
Contributor
Contributor

Virtual Center Toolbar

Hi,

Sorry, this is not as highbrow as many of the discussions, but something that has bothered me for some time.

We run two ESX boxes with a VC at Enterprise version.

When I did my course many moons ago, the VC on the course displayed the VM Converter Icon. I however can not get the toolbar in my VC to display the converter icon???

Sorry, I know not the worse dilemer, but can any body help please.....a change of color and icon attribute would also be good Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

garthnorton,

Welcome to the VMware Community Forums!

>When I did my course many moons ago, the VC on the course displayed the VM Converter Icon. I however can not get the toolbar in my VC to display the converter icon???

I don't recall the VMware Converter being an Icon in the toolbar. Maybe the Consolidation button is what you are thinking of.

If you have the Converter Plugin installed (Check plugins manager under both tabs), then just right click an ESX host under "Hosts and Clusters" and choose the "Import..." option. that'll kick of the converter wizard.

Regards,

EvilOne

1 - Check the documents

2 - Search the forums

3 - Post Question

And remember to award points to those who assist you.

garthnorton
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Excellent answer thank you.

However, when I was on the course they had a converter button and consolidated button.....which actually brings me to the next questions.

I have installed all the appropriate licences for consolidation etc, but I can not seem to see the icon in the toolbar either?? Are you able to help on this one??

0 Kudos
ako
Contributor
Contributor

please have a look on the file: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VMware VirtualCenter\vpxd.cfg.

remove the following section:

<vcp2v>

<dontStartConsolidation>true</dontStartConsolidation>

</vcp2v>

restart Virtual Center Server Service

cheeers

0 Kudos