VMware Cloud Community
marco88cappell
Contributor
Contributor

VMweare vCenter Converter Standalone 6.2.0.1

Goodmorning everyone

I would like to virtualize a machine equipped with Windows 7 Professional 64bit Service pack1, using VmWeare vCenter convertre Standalone version 6.2.0.1 of 2017.
During the installation I select the Local mode, but at the end of the setup, before it shows the setup end screen, the following warning appears "The service could not be started", then, once the message is closed, click on finish. Once installed I try to start it, but I get the following warning "VMware vCenter Converter Standalone Server installed but not running. When VM ....... The server is not running, you will not be able to connect to the local server. Do you want to start it now? "Pressing yes or no always opens the server connection page. How come it does this even though I have selected local installation?
The following services appear in Windows services after installation:

1. VMware vCenter Converter Standalone agent
  2. VMware vCenter Converter Standalone server
  3. VMware vCenter Converter Standalone operator

All three in Stop

Thanks in advance

Greetings and best wishes Marco

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

VMTN has an area for vCenter Converter Standalone questions, it’s a different product to Horizon. Expect a moderator to move your thread now I’ve reported it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
marco88cappell
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I hadn't seen this area

0 Kudos