VMware Cloud Community
Adekunle
Contributor
Contributor

VMware vCenter Server Converter Standalone sysprep

Hello All,

Please, I'm currently having a challenge making the sysprep files to work efficiently in my P2V conversion using the VMware vCenter Converte Standalone installed my client.

I need someone to kindly give me a working procedure to be able to achieve a workable sysprep files initialization so that I'll not receive the sysprep alert anymore.

I'm trying to convert a Windows Server 2003 SP2 machine to a VM and i've tried all my best to be able to resolve this alert so that I'll be able to clone the converted VM later on when the need arises.

Looking forward to your prompt responses.

Thanks so much in advance.

Best regards

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Check out this http://vmetc.com/2009/08/18/how-to-add-sysprep-to-vmware-vcenter-for-vm-customizations-vmware-conver...

and

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1005593

good luck

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
Adekunle
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Maurobonder,

Thanks for your prompt response, but it doesn't solve my problem.

I had tried all this option you gave but it didn't work for me. Maybe there is something I'm not gettin right anyway.

I've the Converter Standalone installed on my laptop, so can you please give me the directives of where to copied the downloaded sysprep files too????

I need a procedure that someone has tried recently that also worked for him please.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Convert don´t have this function. Converter only do p2v, to run sysprep you need do a converter first and after you can run sysprep using virtual center.

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
Adekunle
Contributor
Contributor

Please, can you assist with the procedure of how to achieve this?

Thanks

0 Kudos