VMware Cloud Community
NHDwig99
Contributor
Contributor

VMware vCenter Converter Standalone Server 6.2.0 Fails to install because it cannot start service

I am having an issue with installing the VMware vCenter Converter Sandalone Server 6.2.0 on a Windows 10, 64 bit machine.  It will go through the installation and gives and error message "Could not start service".  The it quits the installation.  But when I look in Services it shows two out of the three running.  The middle one (all three named the same) is not running.  When I try to start it, I receive an error code saying--

"Windows could not start the VMware vCenter Converter Standalone Server on the Local Computer.  Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."

My goal is to take this local physical machine and convert it to a VM machine running on a different machine.  

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@NHDwig99 

Moderator: Moved to Converter Standalone Discussions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos