VMware Cloud Community
CANVEND
Contributor
Contributor

VMware vCenter Converter- Error: Cannot open the destination virtual machine for reconfiguration.

When trying to Convert physical machine to virtual machine using VMware vCenter Converter Standalone (Version 6.2.0 build 8466193) I get the Error: Failed at 98%
Task Progress:

Status: FAILED: Unable to reconfigure the destination virtual machine.
Log Highlights:
Error: An error occurred during reconfiguration.
Error: Cannot open the destination virtual machine for reconfiguration.

I have tried 15 times, read numerous online solutions and none have worked. Any suggestions?  Is there somewhere I can upload the log files for someone to review?
Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

VMTN has an area for Converter Standalone, a moderator should be along to move your thread there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You don’t even say what OS you are converting, or what the destination type is - details like that would help,

ZIP the logs and attaching them here is possible.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
CANVEND
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Scott,

Sorry about the lack of information.  This is my first time on this community.

My OS is Windows 10 x64.  With 32 GB of physical RAM.  See attached System Information for more details.

I am just trying to convert the OS on C: Drive

Select Destination type: VMware Workstation or other VMware Virtual Machine

Attached exported are the last 5 log files of 15 failed attempts.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Tolga_y1980
Contributor
Contributor

so whats the result 🙂 

0 Kudos
CANVEND
Contributor
Contributor

It was so long ago I cannot recall exactly where I left off, but it the issue was not resolved.   I ordered a new computer so I will see if that resolves the issue.  If not I will re-post, however, it might not be for several months.

Thank you.

0 Kudos