VMware Cloud Community
hf_microplus
Contributor
Contributor

VMware converter Crash

Hello,

I've been trying to transform some physical machines into virtual machines.

For that i've been using the latest version of the VMware Converter.

The problem is that the program is crashing with a Runtime error (see the file in attachment).

This has been happening in diferent PCs and I don't have a clue for whats wrong..

Can anyone help ?:(

Thanx

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
theanykey
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Try changing the user variables of Windows “TEMP" and "TMP", to the value: C:\Temp

Check/change all your variables for anything non-26letter-english such as "%USERPROFILE%\Configuración local\Temp"

VMware Converter is not fully i18n‐compliant. Certain migrations have some requirements for using English ASCII in various entries.

Reference: http://www.vmware.com/pdf/VMware_Converter_manual302.pdf (21 of 80) for the image "Table 2-3"

Check to make sure you have at least 200-300mb free space

If that doesn't work, reinstall

STEPS:

1. uninstall

2. reboot

3. clean registry

4. reboot

5. re-install

6. reboot

Manual cleanup required of some Converter Agent files from remote source physical machine

In some cases, the automatic cleanup of Converter Agent files from the system on which it ran is incomplete. If there are vmware-ufad-p2v-XXXXX subdirectories remaining under %SystemRoot% on the remote source physical machine after completion of the import (either successful or failed), automatic cleanup was not totally successful, and might cause future import attempts to fail. To clean up manually (recommended), follow these steps:

1. Launch regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services

2. Remove the stcp2v30 key

3. Remove the vstor2-p2v30 key

4. Remove all vmware-ufad-p2v-XXXXX keys

5. Remove all courier-XXXXX keys

6. Reboot

7. Under %SystemRoot%\system32, remove all vmware-ufad-p2v-XXXXX subdirectories

8. Reboot

Afterwhich, reinstall as the "local" admin directly onto the physical machine using all defaults.

If this is the results of using a Cold Clone with the BootCD, have the customer re-download the ISO to ensure it is not corrupt

0 Kudos
hf_microplus
Contributor
Contributor

Yes!

That's it... :smileygrin:

I just removed all the environement vars that had the "%" and uninstalled and re installed again (without reboot) and it started working.

Thanx

HF

0 Kudos