VMware Cloud Community
piaakit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMWare p2v coversion fails at 1 %

Hi All

Currently i have a physical server 2003 r2 32bit, going to use vmware convertor standalone 5.1 to

convert to esxi 5.1 server, a vcenter is installed on win 2k8 R2, which is managing two

esxi5.1 server, & vmware convertor 5.1 standalone is installed on the vcenter, below error message pop

up when i conveting the physical server 2003 to one of the esxi server, i have read some

posts saying that i need to allow port 902 bewteen the two server, firewall was off for

vcenter and the physical 2003 server, and i could telnet 902 port to both esxi server, but

not the vcenter server (window firewall was off), any idea what i have done wrong ? the

vmware convertor 5.1 is it correct to install on the vcenter ? or install it on the source server ?

FAILED: An error occurred during the conversion:
'Platform-specific error 2338'
VMWare p2v coversion fails at 1 %

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

Note: Discussion successfully moved from VMware ESXi 5 to VMware Converter Standalone

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
dhanarajramesh

make sure you can able to resolve the destination esxi hosts name from your the physical machine and also make sure your physical machine has the same DNS address as your hosts and vm environment.  please add and resolve the host name of your destination host on the physical server host file(%systemroot%/system32/drivers/etc/). and try again.

0 Kudos