VMware Cloud Community
Bhautik
Contributor
Contributor

VM created from a Desktop with OS Win2k Professional Shuts Down

I created a VM using P2V Converter 3.0. I converted a Windows 2000 Professional desktop to a VM. When I start the VM it reaches to Windows 2000 professional screen and then shuts down.

Please suggest a solution to this.

Thanks,

Bhautik

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TheVirtualNut
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Delete it, convert again....

Did you resize any of the disks during the conversion?

It could be trying to load old drivers, try booting to safe mode and removing any old hardware drivers.

Is it trying to run any other services or applications on bootup?

Cheers

Nuts!

0 Kudos
Bhautik
Contributor
Contributor

I have converted it 2 times. I did try to expand the disk yes. Does that

impact it?

Thanks,

Bhautik

0 Kudos
theanykey
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

vmware-client.log (capture a record on the source)

- Contains actions taken on the Converter application are written here.

- Does NOT contain import/reconfiguration information

- Is stored under the user’s (the user who ran the Converter Application) temp directory.

vmware-converter.log (capture a record on the system where Converter is installed)

- Contains information regarding the import/reconfiguration steps taken by the agent when converting the physical/virtual machine.

- Is available in the Source Physical Machine OS’s temp directory (C:\Windows\Temp\vmware-temp)

Can you attach the vmware-converter-#.logs ?

0 Kudos
Jazap
Contributor
Contributor

i would be very interested in finding the answer to this issue, i have a 2000 server that i need to convert that is showing the same symptoms. after running the conversion

I'm attaching my log files if anyone would like to have a look

0 Kudos
Jazap
Contributor
Contributor

Hurray! my issue was solved, i found that APC powerchute it software was causing the issue.

i dont know why it was innitiating shutdowns when it could not communicate with the apc hardware. but it was according to event logs i scrolled through in safe mode. i disabled the apc services and i'm set!

0 Kudos