VMware Cloud Community
jimmyc11
Contributor
Contributor

VM Upload always fails at 97%

Hi,

I am using VMware Convertor standalone version 3.0 to upload images to my VMWare ESXi server. I've tried many differant images but the process always fails at 97%. I had a look in the logs and this error always seems to be present:

Task failed: P2VError UNKNOWN_METHOD_FAULT(sysimage.fault.NfcConnectionFault)

I can't upload any images without having this issue, does anyone know what the problem could be? I've attached the logs from VMware convertor here.

Thanks,

Jimmy

0 Kudos
5 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

what guest OS are you trying to import ?

also after 97 % the imaging part of the job may be done already so depending on the guestOS it may already work ...

post more details

VMX-parameters- VMware-liveCD - VM-Sickbay

0 Kudos
jimmyc11
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm am trying to import Windows XPP SP2 images. After it fails I don't believe the images are uploaded as I can't see them in the inventory.

Is it possible a slow network connection can cause this?

Thanks,

Jimmy

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

After it fails I don't believe the images are uploaded as I can't see them in the inventory.

That does not mean anythging - please check with datastorebrowser

VMX-parameters- VMware-liveCD - VM-Sickbay

0 Kudos
jimmyc11
Contributor
Contributor

Actually it looks like something was uploaded. In the datastore there is one file called -flat.vmdk

0 Kudos
jimmyc11
Contributor
Contributor

As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, this seemed to be related to my network connection speed. I switched to one of our faster internal networks and it worked fine.

10 points to me.

0 Kudos