VMware Cloud Community
hamhead69
Contributor
Contributor

VM Unresponsive After Conversion From Virtual PC

I recently converted a Microsoft Virtual PC (XP SP2) to a VM. It appeared to be successful until I started VM Server and started up my VM. It boots properly but I can not login. When presented with the login dialg box (ctrl-alt-del) neither the mouse or the KB work. I can get in to the VM's BIOS and boot order while it is booting and the KB works properly. Once the login dialog is presented nothing works. I have tried "Send CTRL-ALT-DEL" from the VM menu and that gets no response either.

I have deleted and converted this VM on numerous occasions and continue to get the same result.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

Remove the Virtual PC Add-ons before conversion. It should at least get you further.

Mouse cursor disappears or stops working properly after installing Tools to a Windows virtual machine converted from Microsoft Virtual Server or Virtual PC. Networking may also not function properly.

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1002239

EvilOne

1 - Check the documents

2 - Search the forums

3 - Post Question

And remember to award points to those who assist you.

hamhead69
Contributor
Contributor

It worked as advertised. Thanks for your quick response and helpful information. I searched through the forums but couldn't find anythng that corrected my issue until your post. Thanks again!

0 Kudos