VMware Cloud Community
shahid123321
Contributor
Contributor

VM Machine doesn't boot/stuck on boot screen if network adapter is powered on/connected

I have converted a Physical Windows 10 Machine with “VMware vCenter Converter Standalone Client 6.2.0” to “VMware vSphere esxi 6.0”, The Machine boots normally if network adapter is disconnected/not powered on but if I connect network adapter the machine stuck on boot screen.

Can anybody please help me ?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Depending on the original installation environment (hardware) it may be necessary to uninstall hardware related drivers/tool from the converted VM to make it work as expected.

To do that, create a VM snapshot to be able to revert to the current state if necessary, then - from within the guest OS - remove any hardware related devices from the Device Manager (see e.g. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/device-manager-does-not-display-devices-that-are-not-conne... for how to display hidden devices). Also check whether any hardware related applications need to be uninstalled (chip set specific, sound card, add-on hardware, ...).

Moderator Note: Moved to Converter Standalone Discussions

0 Kudos
nachogonzalez
Commander
Commander

Is it possible that it is attempting a PXE boot?
What id suggest is this: on the windows vm open devmgmt.msc and scan for hardware changes, uninstall all the drivers you are not using and then install vmware tools, reboot and check again. 

0 Kudos
shahid123321
Contributor
Contributor

actually i found other solution that is 

i have changed the Network adapter from N100 to N100E 

thats solved my problem 

thanks for your reply 

Shahid

0 Kudos