VMware Cloud Community
Ivanildo_GalvÃ_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

V2V Hyper-V for Vmware - ERROR

Hello everybody, I need help please. I'm trying to convert a Windows 7 virtual machine that is in a Hyper-V to VMware ESXi 4.1, I'm using VMware ConverterStandalone. Authentic in Hyper-V server, select the VM, but it's time to authenticate to the ESXi server as root and password keeps popping up an error message that says SSL "SSL Exception: The SSL handshake timed out local: IP of mycomputer: 443.
I exported the logs, I am sending attached here, waiting and thanks!
Ivanildo Galvão
0 Kudos
6 Replies
VTsukanov
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi

It look as network issue. Take a look at vmware kb about "Found dangling SSL error: [0] error:00000001:lib(0):func(0):reason(1)" - Physical to virtual (P2V) conversion fails with the error: A general system error occurred. Found da...

Jetcopter
Contributor
Contributor

What if you use the converter to export the machine to a OVF file on your local PC from Hyper-V?

Then just use the vSphere Client to import the OVF onto you ESXi host (select File and then Deploy OVF template from the menubar).

0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

Why do you not just convert the machine as if it was a physical machine.  just forget about the fact that it is running on Hyper-V and pretend it is running on Phyiscal hardware.

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
Ivanildo_GalvÃ_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Well, the virtual machine is off because it is in a Hyper-V that the processor does not support virtualization, so I can not connect the virtual machine. This physical machine I installed Hyper-V is the only one I got here to the lab, I thought it would work out to a lab for V2V Hyper-V to VMware, because next week I'll need to do this in a production environment in a client company.

So, the VM is off this machine physical Hyper-V, is in the domain, DNS OK, AD is also OK, ESXi on the network and working OK, I can access the Hyper-V SCVMMfor short, the network part is everything funcioando, but do not understand why this error appears SSL

Ivanildo Galvão
0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

What version of Converter are you using?

further I am going to move this post to the dedicated VMware Converter forum, 

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
Ivanildo_GalvÃ_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello friends, the problem was solved.

I had already disabled the firewall antivirus because I suspected that this was theproblem, but believe me it worked after they have disabled the WebFilter of FortiClient that I installed on my notebook.
I did the conversion of the VM, Hyper-V coming out and going to the ESXi, 100% functional.

Thank you!
Ivanildo Galvão
0 Kudos