VMware Cloud Community
MWassing
Contributor
Contributor

V2V Conversion Fails on Unable to submit job: converter.fault.ManagedDiskOpenFault

Hello all,

I'm trying to run an V2V Live migration from one cluster location to another cluster location, same VCenter.

I'm using VMware Converter 5.5 Standalone client and ESX 5.5.

The job submits, but gives the error: An error occured while opening a virtual disk. Verify that the Converter Server and the running source machine have a network access to the source and destination ESX/ESXi hosts.

The conversion starts, the VM is created, but fails. I found this error in the log Unable to submit job: converter.fault.ManagedDiskOpenFault.

Anybody got any clues how to solve this?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Martijn W

0 Kudos
7 Replies
UmeshAhuja
Commander
Commander

Hi,

Its probably a DNS issue , the machine you are trying to convert got its own DNS or DC server ? check that and once the connection is back i think everything will be ok , check the Workers log

Thanks n Regards
Umesh Ahuja

If your query resolved then please consider awarding points by correct or helpful marking.
0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Please upload log bundle to check exact error.

0 Kudos
MWassing
Contributor
Contributor

Hereby the log bundle. I hope this is helpful.

Best Regards and thanks in advance.

Martijn

0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Unfortunately the most important log converter-woker is missing, find it in %ALLUSERSPROFILE% \Vmware\vCenter Converter Standalong

0 Kudos
MWassing
Contributor
Contributor

Hello POCEH,

here as you request the worker log. I hope that gives us an idea.

Best Regards,

Martijn

0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Your problem is simple: 2014-05-12T14:54:39.459+02:00 [03700 warning 'Default'] [,0] [NFC ERROR] NfcNewAuthdConnectionEx: Failed to connect to peer. Error: Failed to connect to server seuh2p532.it.mgt:902 2014-05-12T14:54:39.459+02:00 [03700 info 'Default'] Sysimgbase_DiskLib_OpenWithPassPhrase failed with 'NBD_ERR_NETWORK_CONNECT' (error code:2338)

the ESX is not visible or the port 902 is closed.

0 Kudos
MWassing
Contributor
Contributor

Hello POCEH,

thanks for your answer. We've only opened the port to the destination ESX-host which we choose in the conversion. Apparently during the conversion another ESX-host is picked.

We're going to open port 902 to all ESX-hosts and I'll keep you updated.

BG,

Martijn

0 Kudos