VMware Cloud Community
Bassgeek54
Contributor
Contributor

V to V conversion of MSSQL

We did a V2V conversion of a server running MSSQL from Vmware 5.5 to vmotion 6.7. We were told that the current box would stay up and running until the process completed. During the process some SQL jobs ran, we got the email notifications but the data the job was suppose to move did not move. After the conversion was complete everything appears to be OK and we reran the SQL job and the data was moved. Just want to ask if w should be concerned about the database. Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What tool did you use?

I assume you mean vSphere 5.5 to vSphere 6.7?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Bassgeek54
Contributor
Contributor

thank you for the reply. Yes we were going from Vsphere 5.5 to EXSI 6.7. The 5.5 was a stand alone vmware box whereas the 6.7 is a new vmotion installation. We used the VMware-converter-en-6.2.0.8466193.exe tool

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You’re still saying “vmware” and “vmotion” when you’re actually talking about vSphere or ESXi.

I have reported your thread so a moderator can move it to the area for the Converter tool you used.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Bassgeek54
Contributor
Contributor

OK -- thank you. I apologize, I am very new to this.

0 Kudos