VMware Cloud Community
hamed_m80
Contributor
Contributor

Unknown error returned by VMware Converter Agent

Hi everyone;

I'm having a problem with the new VMware Converter (3.0.0.39557) as I did have the same problem with the previous versions. I manage to setup the software successfully on the machine which i'd like to migrate into my virtual infrastructure and in the "Import Machine" wizard I also can successfully detect and connect to my Virtual Center or any of my ESX servers as the destination. But in either case, after the wizard finishes and the task starts, it will stop on 97% progress and show the following error: "Unknown error returned by VMware Converter Agent".

My source machine is a Compaq server with Windows 2003 enterprise OS and I have checked this with couple of other servers, and have had the same problem.

I have monitored the process through Virtual Infrastructure Client and noticed that the VM is created and after completion, it is destroyed. I also have tried the solution on http://www.vmware.com/community/thread.jspa?messageID=565746 but didn't help me.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem, and is there any solution to it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
41 Replies
vishal_Khanna
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Friend

I am also facing same problem with w2k3. Its giving error "unknown error reported by vmware converter agent"

Please advise if you have get soultion to this problem.

Best Regards

Vishal Khanna

0 Kudos
EOrtiz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello People...

I have the same problem when I try to convert a Win2k Server with 3 Basic Disk and 1 Dynamic

Apparently VM converter dont work with Dynamic Disk

I try without the Dynamic disk and its work with 3.X Convertor

0 Kudos