VMware Cloud Community
ActiveX
Contributor
Contributor

Unknown error generated from client (catchall)

Hi,

my Environment: Virtual Center 2.5U1 installed on a physical GERMAN Windows 20003 Server (the Server is slso DC!!), 6 ESX Hosts ESX 3.0.2U1 --> ESX 3.5

When i try to import a machine with the VCS Converter Plugin i get this Error message: Unknown error generated from client (catchall)

I have read this thred: http://communities.vmware.com/thread/119447 but it is no solution for me.

****************************************************************************************************************************

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/119447

This issue is due to the ASCII to UTF-8 string conversion in the following fields:

• Annotation

• Display name

• Floppy image name

• Parallel port file name

• Serial port file name

• CDROM iso name

These fields are may not contain any non standard Engish ASCII characters. (Any other than ASCII 33-127)

****************************************************************************************************************************

I dont find any non standard english ASCII characters.

This is the log from the client:

Log for VMware Converter Enterprise Client, pid=5556, version=4.0.0, build=build-82698, option=Release, section=2

Current working directory: C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\Virtual Infrastructure Client\Plugins\Converter Enterprise

HOSTINFO: Seeing Intel CPU, numCoresPerCPU 2 numThreadsPerCore 1.

HOSTINFO: This machine has 1 physical CPUS, 2 total cores, and 2 logical CPUs.

P2V logger created

Initialize SSL

Using system libcrypto, version 90709F

Vmacore::InitSSL: doVersionCheck = true, handshakeTimeoutUs = 120000000

SSL context created

AppInit completed

Starting execution of a Task

Making sure that UFAD interface has version vmware-converter-4.0.0

SSLVerifyCertAgainstSystemStore: Subject mismatch: VMware vs 192.168.192.14

SSLVerifyCertAgainstSystemStore: The remote host certificate has these problems:

• The host name used for the connection does not match the subject name on the host certificate

• A certificate in the host's chain is based on an untrusted root.

SSLVerifyCertAgainstSystemStore: Certificate verification is disabled, so connection will proceed despite the error

UFAD interface version is vmware-converter-4.0.0

Task execution completed

Starting execution of a Task

Connecting to host sscs-vc on port 443 using protocol https

SSLVerifyCertAgainstSystemStore: Subject mismatch: VMware vs sscs-vc

SSLVerifyCertAgainstSystemStore: The remote host certificate has these problems:

• The host name used for the connection does not match the subject name on the host certificate

• A certificate in the host's chain is based on an untrusted root.

SSLVerifyCertAgainstSystemStore: Certificate verification is disabled, so connection will proceed despite the error

Task failed: at line number 10, not well-formed (invalid token)

Somebody know a good way to find the solution??

Thanks

activeX

0 Kudos
1 Reply
theanykey
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

First off, you should re-think your strategies for converting a DC.

Do not attempt to convert a Windows operating system that is currently functioning as a domain controller. Domain controllers are extremely sensitive to hardware changes and the virtual hardware presented to a virtual machine is different from the physical hardware presented to a physical machine. A virtual machine created from an active domain controller may exhibit unexpected behavior.

VMware recommends removing a domain controller from its domain controller role, virtualizing it, then put the resulting virtual machine back into its domain controller role again.

The "invalid token" is specific to non-English characters in the annotation field not being translated into UTF-8 before conversion. If you are absolutely certain this is fine, I would also check ALL the environment variables as well.

0 Kudos