VMware Cloud Community
leoweb
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to import BESR 8.0 Sv2i image files in Vmware

Hi

we have a strange issue with Vmware and Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery importing solution

we are tring to import or open .sv2i backup files created by BESR into Vmware, we tried with several Vmware versions, 1.4, 1.5 and the 2.0 Beta without success, the .sv2i is no recognized by vmware, we tried to change the V2IDisklibrary dll as described in Symantec docs but it doent fix our problem.

we tried than with Vmware converte too (3.0.2) we get the same result

we tried to import or open several .sv2i images that contains several OS from Win 2k to win 2k3

any idea?

thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Sosza
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I get the same problem when attaching sv2i file to vmware.. The only way to make this machine runnig is convert the BESR image using vmware's converter.. but this is not what I expected..

Is there any information, when this mechanism will work as described in products docs? or someone have another solution?

regards,

Michal Socha

0 Kudos
leoweb
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I fixed the issue and now is working like a cham from both sides vmware converter and BERSR with or without an on line server Smiley Wink

I also teach Symantec guys about that

let me know if you need help or assistance

regards

Leandro

0 Kudos
Sosza
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Leandro,

nice to hear someone get a solution.. :-DDD

I'd like to hear how to fix this problem. It will be nice to get the solution. Do you need something special to share with your knowlage? ;->

regards,

MS

0 Kudos
supradiz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I try to convert v2i (generate by BESR 8.0) to VMDK or load directly v2i in vmware serve 1.0.6 but I can't.

I have some errors :

W 2008/07/25 16:29:17 TranslateError: original Source is V2IConverter

W 2008/07/25 16:29:17 TranslateError: original Description is A V2I library function call failed: Error EA39071A: Image file is a newer version, that is not supported by this version of the application.

W 2008/07/25 16:29:17 TranslateError: now err -2147213303: VMware Virtual Machine Importer has encountered an internal error: A V2I library function call failed: Error EA39071A: Image file is a newer version, that is not supported by this version of the application.

E 2008/07/25 16:29:17 FromSourceVM error: VMware Virtual Machine Importer has encountered an internal error: A V2I library function call failed: Error EA39071A: Image file is a newer version, that is not supported by this version of the application.

I need your help. Can you help me please ?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
supradiz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Have you hear how to fix this problem ?

Can you help me please ? :smileysilly:

thank you.

0 Kudos
paragsha
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi Supradiz,

BESR 8 is not supported by any current VMware product. You will need to use BESR 8 itself to convert the .sv2i/.v2i files to .vmdk. If you have problems doing that, you would need to ping Symantec forums. The following link has some details on BESR 8 and converting backup files to VMDK. http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/298178.htm

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos