VMware Cloud Community
George_Yu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to create virtual machine XXX after submitting job on converter

Hi,

With vCenter Converter 6.2.0 on my Windows 10 computer , I tried to convert Windows server 2016 from a physical box to a VM on EXSi 6.7 with the source  machine's local administrator account.

pastedImage_1.png

I always got error message

pastedImage_2.png

and "GetTokenInformation failed: 1312" on converter log even after disable both UAC and firewall on the 2016.

Also, I am confused I chosen 3 HDs (C, E and F) and Windows restored partitions to concert.

pastedImage_3.png

and the source has 2 HDs:

pastedImage_0.png

But, on the Summary picture above I only can see Number of disks: 2

I am not sure that is no issue.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Once you can't create VM manually you can't expect Converter to create one... Check your storage, memory, etc. rules (and permissions) too!

Have no idea what could be wrong with your VC/ESX but rebooting could help :smileygrin: Just kidding.

The better way is to investigate why your user (even administrator) could not create VM however help for this you can find in appropriate forum for example vSphere or ESX, ..

HTH

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The disks are 2 and others are volumes in disks. Looks that your problem is ESX/VC - check if they are in maintenance mode.

HTH

0 Kudos
George_Yu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Poceh,

Thank you for your help.

I checked my vSphere, both host and vCenter should be normal, even there are error and warning. Then, the same error "The operation is not allowed:

pastedImage_0.png

looks like my vSphere has issue, but I can't find it.

Could you please give me more help?

0 Kudos
George_Yu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

more to this,

I used vCenter administrator account on convert for the converting. I am confused that the right would be a issue.

thanks,

0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Once you can't create VM manually you can't expect Converter to create one... Check your storage, memory, etc. rules (and permissions) too!

Have no idea what could be wrong with your VC/ESX but rebooting could help :smileygrin: Just kidding.

The better way is to investigate why your user (even administrator) could not create VM however help for this you can find in appropriate forum for example vSphere or ESX, ..

HTH

0 Kudos
George_Yu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Poceh,

you are right!, I tried to create a new VM and failed with same error massage. I believe the source of problem is that the original vCenter could not boot couple weeks ago. I booted its a copy and use it for now. I will fix this.

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos