VMware Cloud Community
dwchan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Unable to connect to Convert Enterprise Server

is there any reason why when I try to do an import a machine from within my VI client, it say "Unable to connect to Convert Enterprise Server"? I have both VC 2.5 and VMware Convert Enterprise install on the same server. I try to restart the converter service without any help. Any idea?

dwc

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
patrickkaegi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

for me this happend after i changed the ip address from the virtual center server. solution to fix the problem was to de-install and re-install the Converter Enterprise.

changing the ip manually in the xml file didn't solved the problem in my case.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Your post has been moved to the VMware Converter forum

Dave Mishchenko

VMware Communities User Moderator

0 Kudos
dwchan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

sorry, didn't know if the enterprise version fall with the same forum as the standalone

dwc

0 Kudos
patrickkaegi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

for me this happend after i changed the ip address from the virtual center server. solution to fix the problem was to de-install and re-install the Converter Enterprise.

changing the ip manually in the xml file didn't solved the problem in my case.

0 Kudos
homerjnick
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This also happened to me and I did not change the IP of my VirtualCenter but my License Server got changed and buggered up the Converter.

The fix was indeed to uninstall it from my VirtualCenter and reinstall it.

virtualisator
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks guys for the tip, that solved my problem as well !

0 Kudos
dyee7
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

is it any other way to solve this problem rather than uninstall the Converter Enterprise Server and install back....

I have tried to do... but I still having problem in importing a machine to the esx server!!

0 Kudos
i2ambler
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You can go to add/remove programs.. choose converter enterprise server - click change.. then click repair.. enter the new servername/ip.. worked for me.

0 Kudos
njd62495
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You can also try logging into your VC and restarting the Converter service. Thats what I do whenever I run into that problem.

0 Kudos
RaymondG
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes, I've had this issue for a while too. Restarting the converter service on vCenter worked for me.

Raymond Golden VCP3, VCP4, MCSA, A+, Net+, SEC+
0 Kudos
jjgunn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I did both.

Restarted service on VC and ran "repair" on enterprise converter install on my local machine.

Converter is operational again. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
matkay521225
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This worked for me.

Thanks,

JD

0 Kudos
DaveSagan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You can go to add/remove programs.. choose converter enterprise server - click change.. then click repair.. enter the new servername/ip.. worked for me[/quote]

Good call, worked well for me.

0 Kudos
Sneakors
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The solution stated is correct on the uninstall. However, I just did a repair on VMWare Converter Enterprise and that solved the issue.

0 Kudos
jefmes
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Just had this issue too, restarting the Converter service on VI server took care of it for me as well. Thanks for the tip.

0 Kudos
aspcyber
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I did a change/modify from add remove programs for converter and did a reinstall. It worked like a charm!

thanks everyone for the updates and advice.

0 Kudos