VMware Cloud Community
StaceyL
Contributor
Contributor

Try and run two tasks on Converter5-Errors out.

I have no issue using converter 5 until I kick off a second task/job.  It fails at about 10% with a

FAILED: An error occurred during the conversion:
'The operation experienced a network error'

However, if I wait until my 1st job is finished then kick off this second job it finishes with no issues? Am I missing a conifg somewhere? I know in the past with previous version os Converter I could have multiple conversions running at the same time with no issue.

Thanks!!!!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Could you attach some logs with failed conversion? This is abnormal situation, simultaneous jobs are fine, you should check your network configuration as well.

0 Kudos
StaceyL
Contributor
Contributor

The error I see is a network error:

FAILED: An error occurred during the conversion:
'The operation experienced a network error'

What can I check? I have never had an issue with this before, this is new in converter 5.0.1

I can do one by one with no issues, and once the current copy finishes I can kick off the same one that just errored out and it completes fine.

Thanks for your help!!

0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There must be more detailed error information even at default log level.

I never hear about such problem, so this should be something in your network Smiley Happy

Check for SSL encrypted transfer in this thread http://communities.vmware.com/thread/333786?start=0&tstart=0 this could help you.

If you want to schedule your conversions try to change 'Maximum Concurent tasks' to 1 and tasks will be executed one by one.

HTH

0 Kudos
StaceyL
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

I checked out the thread and made the SSL change which increased my conversion speed GREATLY! Thanks so much for that.

However, I am still seeing the network error when I try and convert more then one at a time.

If it was a network issue I would think all conversions would fail....
Any idea what I could check? Which log would be helpful to you?

0 Kudos