VMware Cloud Community
adithya_bhat
Contributor
Contributor

The host name used for the connection does not match the subject name on the host certificate

Hi I am getting this error and my P to V convertion stops at 89% (stoppet at 89% two times) while converting a Win 2000 server into ESX 3.0.2

Log entries i found these things at the time when conversion stops... Please someone help.

==================================================================================================================

SSLVerifyCertAgainstSystemStore: Subject mismatch: bllxvm14.i2.com vs bllxvm14

SSLVerifyCertAgainstSystemStore: The remote host certificate has these problems:

* The host name used for the connection does not match the subject name on the host certificate

* A certificate in the host's chain is based on an untrusted root.

SSLVerifyCertAgainstSystemStore: Certificate verification is disabled, so connection will proceed despite the error

SSLVerifyCertAgainstSystemStore: Subject mismatch: bllxvm14.i2.com vs bllxvm14

SSLVerifyCertAgainstSystemStore: The remote host certificate has these problems:

* The host name used for the connection does not match the subject name on the host certificate

* A certificate in the host's chain is based on an untrusted root.

SSLVerifyCertAgainstSystemStore: Certificate verification is disabled, so connection will proceed despite the error

0 Kudos
3 Replies
theanykey
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

>Certificate verification is disabled, so connection will proceed despite the error

Please "attach" (not paste) the entire vmware-converter-#.log file (not the client log) as found on the physical machine.

vmware-converter.log (capture a record on the system where Converter is installed)

· Contains information regarding the import/reconfiguration steps taken by the agent when converting the physical/virtual machine.

· Is available in the Source Physical Machine OS’s temp directory (C:\Windows\Temp\vmware-temp)

0 Kudos
adithya_bhat
Contributor
Contributor

I am attachiong the vmware-converter log to this...

0 Kudos
theanykey
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Looks like you are using v3.0.1 ... I strongly suggest upgrading to v3.0.2-u1

http://vmware.com/downloads/converter

version=3.0.1, build=build-44840

Looks like you also have a EISA partition. Make sure you are not selecting this for conversion.

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000 Server" /fastdetect

Install and run v3.0.2-u1 as the "local" admin instead of a domain admin. If it fails at that point, I'll need to better understand what kind of machine this is, whats running on it, and the partition layout as it looks like you have allot.

0 Kudos