VMware Cloud Community
ramezani
Contributor
Contributor

The Vstor2 P2V30 Virtual Storage Driver service failed to start

Dear All,

I used VMWare Converter in order to convert a windows 2003 Acronis Image File to an ESX virtual machine. Every things done well but I receive this event every time I start my machine:

The Vstor2 P2V30 Virtual Storage Driver service failed to start due to the following error:

The system cannot find the file specified.

The acronis file had been created from a windows 2003 server with intel raid 0 and that machine had 2 SATA hadr drives.

Do you know what the problem is?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
theanykey
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Sounds like the VM still has your "physical" machines storage drivers - and they are failing to load which would be expected since its now virtual.

Follow the "After a conversion" proceedures listed on our best practice guide for troubleshooting converter:

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1004588

ramezani
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Theanykey,

Thanks for your replay. Actually I found the problem. First time before using Acronis image, I tried to convert my machine by using the VMWare Converter Agent, but that service did not start. I found that the relevant services which were mentioned in the troubleshooting link were not available in my machine because I had made them disable before based on Microsoft security checklists. However, installer program could not rollback completely after that Error and there was a link to this service in windows registery which their files were not available. I removed that line from the registery and problem solved.

Rgards.

0 Kudos