VMware Cloud Community
Spenner1976
Contributor
Contributor

Synchronize changes to a P2V after job has finished

Hi,

I P2V a physical server (Server 2008 standard SP1) using VMware vCenter Converter Standalone Client 6.1.1 as a test. Now two weeks later we would like to use this as a live server. Is there a way of re-synchronizing the data again to save having to convert again?

Regards,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

See this documentation: Synchronize the Destination Machine with Changes Made to the Source Machine

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Moved to Converter Standalone

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
patanassov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

What's relevant in this case is that the conversion job must have been created as sychronizing without finalizing. This way the job remains active and you can do incremental deltas. Once the job is deactivated no more synchronization is possible.

HTH,

Plamen

0 Kudos
bjanb
Contributor
Contributor

this is the difference between  low and high IQ programmer, talented programmers can predicts the future needs.

0 Kudos