VMware Cloud Community
jschweg
Contributor
Contributor

Standalone Converter Question

Hey guys, I had a quick question about the Standalone Converter. If I were to run the converter on one of my ESXi VMs and convert it over to a VMWare workstation image, the converter doesn't do anything to the source VM on the ESXi server right? I could fire the VM right back up on the ESXi server after the conversion with no change right?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

Hey guys, I had a quick question about the Standalone Converter. If I were to run the converter on one of my ESXi VMs and convert it over to a VMWare workstation image, the converter doesn't do anything to the source VM on the ESXi server right? I could fire the VM right back up on the ESXi server after the conversion with no change right?

That is correct.

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

FYI

Workstation can run ESX VMs unmodified - no need to use Converter

VMX-parameters- WS FAQ -[ MOAcd|http://sanbarrow.com/moa241.html] - VMDK-Handbook

0 Kudos
pcerda
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

hi

that's correct. Converter just install an agent on the server to be converted, which is uninstalled when the convertion ends.

There is no changes on the source server.

Regards / Saludos

-

Patricio Cerda !http://www.images.wisestamp.com/linkedin.png!

VMware VCP-410

Join to Virtualizacion en Español group in Likedin

See My Blog

See My Linkedin Profile

-

Si encuentras que esta o cualquier otra respuesta ha sido de utilidad, vótalas. Gracias.

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer helpful or correct. Thank you.

Regards / Saludos - Patricio Cerda - vExpert 2011 / 2012 / 2013
0 Kudos
jschweg
Contributor
Contributor

Perfect, thanks guys.

0 Kudos