VMware Cloud Community
ravenswood1000
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Service_Boot_Start error on v2v conversion

I am trying to do a v2v conversion with the 5.1 standalone converter on a windows 2008 r2 VM. I am doing this to shrink the system partition which was wrongly thinly provisioned at 415 gigs down to 100.

It gets most of the way through and I get an error that says "An error occurred during the conversion: "Cannot change bitmap driver's start type to SERVICE_BOOT_START, context="IncrementalConversion(job-1:0)-[52 d2 11 61 2b 43 41 85-6d if 90 5d 6f c7 94 90]", error=0'

I've looked this up on the internet and there isn't anything that I can find on this. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do?

Thanks so much in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The Bitmap driver is used only when incremental conversion is used. Do you really want a incremental conversion?

I recommend you to reinstall the converter, this should fix the problem with driver.

The V2V means that you convert powered-off VM, the P2V means that you convert powered-on machine (physical or virtual). If you can do V2V on your server, I've recommend you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JagadeeshDev
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

It seems like the problem is because of the startup / device drivers. Try enabling the ATAPI SERVICE_BOOT_START and see it that works.,

http://www.myitblog.in/
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The Bitmap driver is used only when incremental conversion is used. Do you really want a incremental conversion?

I recommend you to reinstall the converter, this should fix the problem with driver.

The V2V means that you convert powered-off VM, the P2V means that you convert powered-on machine (physical or virtual). If you can do V2V on your server, I've recommend you.

0 Kudos
ravenswood1000
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You taught me much. Thank you. I didn't realize that v2v means I needed to shut down. This worked with no troubles. Thanks again.

0 Kudos