VMware Cloud Community
marvinms
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Seperate Partitions during P2V or V2V

I did a P2V with vCenter 4.1, but I noticed afterwards that I did not get a chance to seperate the partitions. It created the single disk with all partitions represented as a single disk on the VM.

I have solved this problem in the pass by doing a V2V and correcting the problem, but I don't see the option currently, am I missing it?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

Hello.

Under the Options portion of the Wizard, choose the "Data to Copy" section and change the data copy type to "Select Volumes to Copy" and then click the Advanced link beside the pull-down menu. This should give you the option to split them up.

Good Luck!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
khughes
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Yes you're missing the option, there is an adv feature and I would highly recommend splitting the disks up when you can as it will save so many headaches down the road, as vmroyale now's from my situations Smiley Happy

See below

-- Kyle

"RParker wrote: I guess I was wrong, everything CAN be virtualized "

-- Kyle "RParker wrote: I guess I was wrong, everything CAN be virtualized "
marvinms
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I couldn't get this to actually work and I am not going to fuse with it right now.

The Add Disk button does not provide me with the option that was presented in 3.5 import process, or at I was too chicken to proceed with it.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos