VMware Cloud Community
peterc2609
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Scheduling a conversion...

Hi,

I've tried a few combinations to try to schedule a P2V. But still cant manage to do it.

I've tried with VC 2.5, and Converter Standalone 4.3 (And lower versions) & Enterprise, and also vSphere 4.1 with the same versions.

Help!?

Thanks

Peter

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

if there is nothing in your plugin manager, I would walk through the install again. the install for VI3 and vSphere4 for converter are the same. Also, try closing and re-opening the client, sometimes in VI3 the plugin won't show as available until the client is closed and re-opened again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Biliana
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

You can schedule a P2V task , using VMware VCenter Converter (4.2) version. Converter 4.2 is a version of converter that is integrated with VMware virtual center. Using the VI client you can setup a scheduled task which can be a conversion task. Hope that this information will help you. If not, could you please provide the exact error that you are facing? Thank you .

peterc2609
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Our VirtualCenter doesnt seem to have a converter integrated into it.

So I have tried the ones listed, but dont seem to be able to see them integrated into VC?

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

you will need to install the vCenter Enterprise Converter and then download and install the plug-in. The install is on the vCenter media.

0 Kudos
peterc2609
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can you point me in the direction of the plugin as I cant find it.

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

what version of vCenter are you running? And did you run the install for the Enterprise Converter Piece? You will be able to install the plugin, via your plugin manager.

Also, see page 117

http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vsphere4/r41/vsp_41_esxi_i_vc_setup_guide.pdf

0 Kudos
peterc2609
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

We are using VC 2.5, and also VS 4.1 in different environments.

I have installed the Enterprise Converter but didn't get the scheduling option.

When I go into Plugin Manager I have nothing available or installed apart from Update Manager.

We are using ESX not ESXi.

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

if there is nothing in your plugin manager, I would walk through the install again. the install for VI3 and vSphere4 for converter are the same. Also, try closing and re-opening the client, sometimes in VI3 the plugin won't show as available until the client is closed and re-opened again.

0 Kudos