VMware Cloud Community
ktwebb68
Contributor
Contributor

Schedule imports

I have been using ESXMigrator to move 2.5 vm's over to the Vi3 environment and was told by someone that Converter can do the things that Migrator can do.

Well for one, I have to remove the 2.5 host and put it in the VC2 installation for Converter and it won't let me do a hot migration so that statement was blown up out of the box but he also said you can schedule imports on Converter. I see schedule tasks in the marketing rhetoric but don't see the how to in the manual and I maybe I am just dense but don't see anything in the drop downs.

Has anyone scheduled an import in Converter and if so, what were your steps in doing so? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ktwebb68
Contributor
Contributor

When I say schedule, I am talking about for later in the day. ESXMigrator will allow you to migrate the data but not reboot the machine and do the cutover until say, after office hours.

0 Kudos
Datto
Expert
Expert

VMware Converter 3.0 doesn't allow the scheduling of conversions. The text isn't clear about that fact but in any case, conversions can't be scheduled like they can in esxMigrator.

Datto

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Converter 3.0 jobs cannot be scheduled. A future version will likely integrate Converter Enteprise with VirtualCenter and therefore leverage VirtualCenter's scheduling capabilities.

0 Kudos
RegionsFC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks guys. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy. Preciate the affirmation

0 Kudos
ktwebb68
Contributor
Contributor

wrong account. Thanks guys

0 Kudos