VMware Cloud Community
adambird
Contributor
Contributor

Schedule V2V

I have created a scheduled in vSphere 4.1 to clone a VM from SAN1 to SAN2, this works great the first time however when the task re-runs the V2V fails with the destination already exists, is it possible to set the V2V schedule to overwrite this? or delete the destination before cloning?

SAN2 is just a backup of SAN1 from the previous day.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

not sure this is possible but probably later someone who is expert in powercli could help you out.

what i could think of is:

1) getting software like vizioncore vreplicator, veeam replicator, platespin protect that would allow block level replication in a very short interval

2) if the SAN has a snapshot volume features you could utilize that

3) mount a NFS as the backup volume and has windows schedule tasks to format the CIFS/NFS volume.

iDLE-jAM | VCP 2, VCP 3 & VCP 4

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
pcerda
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

This is the normal behavior of scheduled V2V Conversion tasks.

You could try with some script using vCLI or PowerCLI in order to delete, or change the name, the old VM and then make the V2V conversion.

Regards / Saludos

-

Patricio Cerda !http://www.images.wisestamp.com/linkedin.png!

VMware VCP-410

Join to Virtualizacion en Español group in Likedin

See My Blog

See My Linkedin Profile

-

Si encuentras que esta o cualquier otra respuesta ha sido de utilidad, vótalas. Gracias.

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer helpful or correct. Thank you.

Regards / Saludos - Patricio Cerda - vExpert 2011 / 2012 / 2013
0 Kudos