VMware Cloud Community
rossmh
Contributor
Contributor

SBS2008 p2v and IIS breaks

I know.. OLD server... OLD topics.. but.. help me out here.. working on a p2v for SBS2008.. the conversion completes.. the server boots.

i can log in.. i had to install an old version of vmtools to get the NIC to work.. re activated windows.. all good.. however.. sharepoint no longer functions and as a result, cannot get into OWA.. been looking at every error i can, and one of the things i see is the IIS admin service wont start. looking into that, i read articles about the machine keys missing or corrupted.. they certainly arent missing, but as for corruption, cannot tell if thats the case. been a while since i built the original server, so im unsure on how to remove IIS\Reinstall IIS without causing havock on any websites that arent tied to sharepoint, and\or causing OWA to get nuked as a result. 

Anyone else ever see such behavior when converting SBS2008 or Windows Server 2008 to a vmware vm?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@rossmh,

I truly do not think this is an issue from the VMware side as the P2V is working properly. Could be possible that the configuration from the Microsoft products is linked to a hardware identified in any sort?

0 Kudos