VMware Cloud Community
angelom
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

RTM: Converter 3.0 (starter) - where is the Boot CD?

After playing with this at VMWorld 2006 in November, I've been anxiously awaiting the final release of Converter.

I downloaded it, but for the life of me, I cannot determine where is the ISO to make the boot cd?

Thanks in advance...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The bootable CD (cold clone) is only available with the Enterprise version, NOT the starter version.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The bootable CD (cold clone) is only available with the Enterprise version, NOT the starter version.

0 Kudos
Jasemccarty
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you have a current VirtualCenter license, you can log into your account @ VMware.com, and generate a license file.

And you can go here to download it if you are authorized:

http://www.vmware.com/download/download.do?downloadGroup=CONVERTER3[/b]

Jase McCarty - @jasemccarty
angelom
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Could this be added to the doco? It wasn't apparent since the doco points to both cold system conversion via the boot cd and running system conversion via the tools.

0 Kudos
jasee
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

If you have a current VirtualCenter license, you can

license file.

And you can go here to download it if you are

authorized:

http://www.vmware.com/download/download.do?download

Group=CONVERTER3[/b]

Well maybe the strain of it all is just too much for me, on that page you get

VMware Converter 3.0 Enterprise Edition

If you've registered with VMware in the past, please enter your e-mail address and password below. If you're new to VMware, please click the Register button to continue. so I put in my details

then you get taken to another page which baffles me:

Sorry, at the moment you are not authorized to download VMware Converter 3.0 Beta. You have the following options:

• If you have a valid serial number of VMware Converter 3.0 Beta and you have not registered it, please register it here, so you can get download access.

I am actually testing beta3 at the moment, so I put in my licence number at the next page which promptly informs me that that licence has already been registered (suprise!) so I can't,

So, if I hadn't[/b] registered my beta licence then I would[/b] be able to get a licence for the Enterprise? (which seems crazy logic to me)

0 Kudos