VMware Cloud Community
southpaw35
Contributor
Contributor

Problem with converter, I can select the machine type but can not set the destination type

I am trying to use converter to take a SUSE Xen image and convert it to VM Ware. I can find set the machine type to a powered on machine. When it comes to setting up the destination type there is nothing in the drop down box. When I enter in any type of information I get the following " No connection could be made the target machine has actively refused it" any help with this would be gratly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
asatoran
Immortal
Immortal

What version of Converter are you using? What is your destination host? (ESX, Server, Workstation?) If your destination is NOT ESX or vSphere, (.e.g.: Server1, Server2, Workstation, Player. Fusion.) then your destination is "VMWare Workstation or other...."

0 Kudos
southpaw35
Contributor
Contributor

I got it working thanks for the help

0 Kudos
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

If you had it working, so what's the solution so everyone can learn from it.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

VMware vExpert 2009

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
southpaw35
Contributor
Contributor

It turns out I had the web version of the server so when I installed ESXi 4.0 it worked properly.

0 Kudos