VMware Cloud Community
ayanes21
Contributor
Contributor

Problem doing P2V using VMware converter

I am trying to convert a pysical server with Windows 2003 and 2 drives. I have been able to convert similar servers before with no trouble, but this one keeps failing with the error attached. I have tried both the stand alone converter and using converter through vCenter. I have looked through the forums and none of the other post with similiar errors seems to work for me. Any ideas how I can get to converted.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

please tell us at which percentage and with which error message it failed

VMX-parameters- Workstation FAQ -[ MOA-liveCD|http://sanbarrow.com/moa241.html] - VM-Sickbay

0 Kudos
danm66
Expert
Expert

Volume bitmap retuned offset 4FB30 while requested offset is 4FB32

NfcNetTcpRead: bRead: -1 err: 10054

Error 5666 writing to the destination volume

NfcFssrvrRecv: failed with code = 8

NfcFssrvr_DiskIo: failed to receive io reply

DISKLIB-LIB : RWv failed ioId: #33394 (5666) (34) .

NFC - Network File Copy

Looks like it's having an issue sending the data to the destination. Is there a firewall in place anywhere in between the phys system and dest ESX host? Going across WAN or non-gigabit links anywhere along the way? Also, try changing duplex/speed to/from auto to manual settings on the phys.

0 Kudos
LunThrasher
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are you converting the server straight into vCenter ? If so have you tried using converter to capture the machine into vcenter server 2.0 template and then running the converter again to upload the image into vcenter ?

Tutorials for System Admins www.sysadmintutorials.com
0 Kudos
ayanes21
Contributor
Contributor

It gets stuck around 2%, yes I am trying to import it directly from vCenter 4, I have also tried vconverter directly and it fails with an error that it was unable to clone volume c

0 Kudos
ayanes21
Contributor
Contributor

The is no firewall between the Host and physical server, they are on the same network same VLAN.

0 Kudos
danm66
Expert
Expert

You could also try booting the system from coldclone.iso and see if that works. You can get it from the vcenter server download page and is called VMware vCenter Converter BootCD

0 Kudos
xacolabril
Expert
Expert

Have you got any Software RAID in your server?

Xavier Colomé Abril. VMware Certified Professional VCP3, VCP4 and VCP5. [Si encuentras que esta o cualquier otra respuesta ha sido de utilidad, vótalas. Gracias.] [If you find this or any other information helpful or correct, please consider awarding points. Thank you.]
0 Kudos
ayanes21
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you to eveyone who responded but I got it to work. Looks like there was an issue on our network that kept causing it to fail, once that was fixed it went through with no problems.

0 Kudos
rjfox92
Contributor
Contributor

What was the problem on the network that caused it to fail?

0 Kudos