VMware Cloud Community
Vinay10
Contributor
Contributor

Physical machine conversion to virtual machine

Dear All,

I am new to this software and have some queries,

I have windows7 OS in my PC,

1) How to convert my "PHYSICAL RUNNING MACHINE" in Virtual machine using VMware vcenter converter standalone.

2) When i started using this software, i stuck in STEP 2 i.e SOURCE SYSTEM, please let me know how to get the "Remote Machine" details from my physical machine.

3) I have sent IP configuration of Physical running machine, please let me know which IP should be mentioned.

Please refer the attachments for Error message,  IP Config, Software version, Start up page and Source details page.

Kindly help me to get success in this software. If you need any further information, then please let me know.

First of all please refer the Error message in attachments i.e. "Unable to obtain Hardware for the selected machine"

Kindly suggest me to create the virtual machine.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

which system do you want to convert? Is it the one on which you installed the Converter? In this case you only need to install the Converter Client and select "This local machine" as the source. Also make sure you start the Converter "As Administrator" to avoid UAC related issues. If it's a remote system, you may want to consider disabling UAC on the system to convert, and use the system's local "Administrator" account to login.

André

0 Kudos
iiToby
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Vinay10,

You can also try a Cold Clone

Look at this page Using the Cold Clone 3.0.3 ISO with vSphere 5 | That... Could Be A Problem... and in the middle of the page is the link the Cold Clone ISO.

This should allow you to Cold Clone you PC

Kind Regards

@iiToby

0 Kudos